Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Almost done with CCM!!!

Hey all!

Today's email might be a bit short. We're headed out to the temple at 12:00 our time, so I've only got about half an hour. Let's go!

Let's see . . . oh, yes, New Year's. I am still not used to writing 2017 on things. I'll probably get used to it. In November or so. Some of the Elder's in the district got some traditional Martinelli's sparkling cider for Christmas, but since it was a fast Sunday and we start fasting dinner on Saturday, we have decided that we will instead consume it the night before we leave. Good times.

Also, I got some information about travelling. I will have to be ready to leave by by 2 in the very early morning Monday so that I can be on my plane, which leaves at 6. We're all concerned now with the weight of our bags and what we're going to pack and who's going with whom on what flight, and it's all a bit confusing. It still hasn't sunk in yet that I'm going to be leaving here. It felt like I just got here, and it's even weirder thinking that this is just the beginning! I'm super excited for the field!

Also, we're wrapping up all our classes this week. It's kinda sad knowing that I probably won't be seeing these teacher-investigators we have been teaching again. Also, the other district in our branch left the other day, and many of our Latino friends left, also. It's been very weird knowing that we're next. It's crazy how close you can get to some people just by spending 5 weeks with them, 24/7. This has been the week of email address trading, and we're all going to try and stay in contact with one another.

The weather here has been getting rather fierce. I think it gets all the way down to about 50 or 55 degrees in the morning. I usually have to put on a coat. Mercifully, the weather warms up enough by midday that I can return to short sleeves. :) Yes, I've been getting emails from Utah and elsewhere documenting the snow. Yes, I'm a tease. ;) By the way, here is a picture of today's sunrise:

 As far as more daily activities, the only thing I can think of is that the district gave two blessings yesterday. One of our teachers asked for a blessing of comfort, and one of the hermanas has been throwing up a rediculous amount the past two days. She first asked for a blessing from our district leader at about 1:30 a.m. Tuesday morning, and the whole district gave her another last night. Both blessings were amazing! It is very humbling to me that God has entrusted some of His power and authority to me, and that it is the same power that Christ and His profets have. I am very grateful for the opportunity I have to use it to serve some of His children.

I don't have a lot of time left, so I'll have to end there. Thanks for all the love and support each of you have given me!

¡Mucho amor de la Ciudad de México!
ps. Every elder is strongly recommended to get a haircut before leaving the CCM. Here is my new do:

¿Les gusta? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment