Monday, June 26, 2017

Life in the office and Monterrey

As one can imagine, this week has been different. The new missionaries just left for an hour to do some contacting, so I have a little bit of time to write.

This week has been filled of trying to make a transition between Elder Liddle and me as Materials Secretary. We're also switching one of the President's assistants. This is both blessing and curse, because about a third of us in the office have no idea what we're doing, but we have two extra people on hand to help with stuff. I think everything will go well, though.

Fun fact: during changes/transfers is not a good time for a computer to fail. The hard drive on financial secretary Elder Baker's computer failed, so we have been down a vital computer during these busy times. His computer has all the financial records, missionary debit card numbers, programs to buy bus tickets, and a whole bunch of other really important stuff, especially during transfers. The mission tech guy said that it would be a week before a new hard drive comes. Ugh. We have since decided to look into a computer backup system after that whole ordeal.

I'm just going to talk about a couple of small random things this week, to reflect the chaotic life of an office worker. Where do I start?

I'll try to go in order here. A week ago, Monday night, we went to my first dinner appointment. We did a family home evening with a member in the ward, and they brought an investigator friend. We talked about the importance of prophets. Anyway, the family is super awesome:
Tuesday, I had my first district meeting. It was a little odd because it was the meeting for Week 6 of the transfer, so everyone was preparing to possibly be transferred. Here is my district-for-a-week:
 
Left to Right: Hermanas Lopez and Salcido, and Elders Liddle, Schramm, Lopez, Thompson, and Covington.
 
We also took photos of the BEAUTIFUL Monterrey Temple (because our stake center is the chapel that shares property with the temple). I took advantage of the opportunity.


I like pretty temples. Also, our stake center is remarkably more like American chapels than the Nuevo Laredo buildings. Except it's surrounded by palm trees and everything is in Spanish.
I will have to divide this email in two parts because the computer won't let me add more photos.

To Be Continued . . . .

--
Elder Jakob Schramm

1 comment:

  1. Impresionante publicaciĆ³n! Me encanta la idea. Gracias por la valiosa informaciĆ³n sobre estos consejos.
    https://www.joyeriasenmonterrey.com/

    ReplyDelete